Maintenance & Repair Coordinator
The MRC is responsible for the technical efficiency of the production equipment (measured in FDR = Failure Duration Rate, MTBF = mean time between failures) and MTTR = mean time to repair). They organise and implement (also themselves) daily repairs to optimise the technical efficiency of the production equipment and to ensure the operations in the plant of Gourmand Mouscron.
Within the framework of Lean manufacturing, they are responsible for repairing faults in the production services (machines and processes) to reduce downtime and improve changeover time (SMED = Single-Minute Exchange of Dies, TPM (Total Productive Maintenance), they have an important impact in the KPIs of the plant (productivity, incidents and accidents with downtime, machine efficiency, revenue, overloads, waste, conversion costs,...).
The MRC will pay constant attention to profitability, productivity, quality and hygiene, safety, and the organisation and development of the production section. To keep the right focus in the various performance areas they will always start from a QCDSM approach (see below):
M: Morality, with focus on the suggestions and demands of our employees, always focused on quick actions.
They determine the priorities in close cooperation with the Operations Manager, the objective being to create an atmosphere of continuous improvement in which the employees participate. We are what we do repeatedly, excellence is no longer an act, but becomes a habit.
• Bachelor in electromechanical and/or electronic ICT, preferably with training in “food processing and packaging”
• Problem solving and creativity to find quick solutions is a passion
• Excellent knowledge of the basics of “packaging-mechanics”
• Excellent knowledge of current systems (PLC-machines, Programming, ...)
• Broad industrial experience (preferably 5 to 10 years in maintenance organisation and/or engineering)
• Knowledge of process technology and food industry techniques
• Bilingual (French-English) is a must. Knowledge of Dutch and notions of German are an asset.
• Basic knowledge of safety principles (preferably certified safety level 2)
• General knowledge of computer systems: MS Windows and MS Office
• Good interpersonal skills (social and coaching skills)
• A creative and logical mind to detect potential improvements and to implement them are key requirements for this function.
• Autonomous, proactive and rigorous
• A good team player (team work and team leadership)
• Being able to manage a team (technicians and workers)
• Have a sense of responsibility
• Able to handle stressful situations
• Being able to adapt to any new working method
• Have an excellent command of Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook,...)
• Experience in food and knowledge of quality systems (BRC, ISO) is an asset
• The MRC has the responsibility to evaluate and coach their team
• The MRC is the back-up for the Head of Technical Service
• The MRC is a team member of: LT (leadership team) of the plant
• The MRC is the principal contact between the plant and external services for curative and preventive maintenance
To the right candidate we offer an exciting career opportunity in a strong stable group with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
An attractive salary package will be provided and you can count on intensive training.
Please send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Wim Mahieu, HR Coordinator.
You can rely on a smooth and discreet handling of your application.
For any questions or additional information, please call us on 056 85 90 85.